Water and Sewer Department
Village Administrator: Ed Robinette
Assistant: Tom Savage
Water and Sewer Clerk: Steve Martin
In the early 1940's the Village of Warsaw created a public water works system. This system was installed under Roosevelt's New Deal, which created government jobs for the unemployed following the Great Depression. The original public water system contained a single water well, which was later expanded to 2 wells in 1958. In addition to the second well, an extension line was installed to the eastern edge of the village.
In 1970 funding from an OWDA and EPA Grant created sewage lines and an extension to the Riverview Community Park. Then, in 1997 water and sewer lines were extended to Warsaw Park Place.
The Warsaw Water Works System, located on the Walhonding river, has helped to keep the Village of Warsaw a growing community and has continued plans for expansion and modernization.