The Village of Warsaw Fiscal Officer serves as Secretary & Clerk, performing many duties vital to the daily operations of our local government. They provide clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the Council and all deaprtments. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law.
Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the Fiscal Officer:
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Perform general office duties, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters.
- Issue various permits and licenses
- Prepare reports on civic needs.
- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records