The Walhonding Valley Historical Society was formed in 2001 -- the culmination of a vision by community leader Marvin Davis, who died two years earlier. Marvin wished there to be a way for people to share in preserving the past for future generations so they can cherish its traditions and learn from its lessons. The Society is governed by a Board of Trustees, which has adopted bylaws and incorporated with the state as a non-profit corporation.
The Walhonding Valley Fire District was established in 1987 in a five bay building on Main Street in Warsaw. The original fire department was formed in 1925 and was the Warsaw Fire Department. To read more, visit their site.